Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Next Chapter

Welcome to my new blog! I am so excited to finally be posting on it. A big thank-you to Julia who helped me with blog design!!!

This may sound weird to some of you, but I can't tell you how emotional it was to sign out of my old account just now and log into this one. There are so many memories on Pecan Pastures (my first blog). I am very thankful that I posted throughout my teen years because it is such an incredible blessing to be able to go back and "relive" those sweet years. There were hard moments, but it is wonderful to be able to see HIS hand directing, shaping, and molding.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I am sure by now you have noticed  the name of this blog. All of you that followed my first blog know that "bare-foot" is how I roll and you also know that I used to live in the middle of a pecan grove. Just like my last name recently changed when I married my best friend, so did my address. ;) I formerly lived in the heart of my beloved peach state, but I now find myself residing in the foothills of the Appalachian mountains.
I no longer look out my window and see perfect rows of cotton, instead I see this......


Beautiful, isn't it? In the moments when I begin to miss home, my family, and everything familiar, I walk outside to my back porch and simply gaze at God's beautiful creation. This morning was an early one and my husband was busy preparing for work, when all of the sudden he called excitedly from our deck. I ran outside and followed his gaze to the most amazing sunrise. The sky was filled with pink and blue hues and the sun was just rising over the hills. Even in our fallen state Jesus is so merciful and loving to give us glimpses of his glory. We don't deserve it but he chooses to bless us with beauty.
 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. Matthew 5:45

My wedding pictures are not back yet, but thanks to some fabulous friends, (y'all I really have the best friends in the world. #fact) I have a few snapshots from the reception to share with you!

Our wedding ceremony was held in a church and our reception was at my home. I have always loved the pecan trees in my parents front yard and I was so thankful that the rain held off for the entire day so that I could have my reception underneath them.




 My man made lots of adorable wooden signs that were placed around the yard. If you or someone you know is getting married Daniel can make custom wedding signs for you. Email me for more information: mckenziegentry93@gmail.com

 The reception had so many antiques from family and friends scattered around. I had the best wedding planner and coordinator in the world and they did such an amazing job decorating. I had a guy come up to me the other day and he said that our reception was like watching a movie. I can't take credit for any of it but I couldn't have been happier with how it turned out.
These cookies are pretty much to die for. #addicted

 The rice....I'm still getting it out of my car. :)
 I traded my M for a G.
 The grooms cake. One of my bridesmaids is a cake decorator and she is very gifted, but i still don't know how she managed this incredible feat. The picture doesn't do it justice. That fish was HUGE.



 Stay tuned for more wedding photos as well as some pictures from our "secret" honeymoon spot. 

"Grace be with all those who love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen." Ephesians 6:24








2 comments:

  1. YAY!! Love your new blog Mckenzie!
    I am excited to see more wedding pictures! I saw your bridals on FB... you looked AMAZING!!
    That mountain view is beautiful!
    Jenny (smilesgoesmiles.blogspot.ca)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a special, special day... Couldn't have been any more perfect for two special people. Can't wait to see more of the pictures; the ones I've seen are wonderful. Love you.

    ReplyDelete